NAVIGATE (awaiting password)

The Algirlrhythm stemettes show and abbey road

Attending the Stemettes and abbey Road event, I gained further knowledge about the music industry and the Abbey Road studios by talking to people who work there. The main aim of this talk was to communicate with females who have less opportunity to work in the music industry than men. 
Therefore, some successful females working in the music industry shared their stories with us about how they got the opportunities that they have now, which can be simply attending an event and meeting specific people.
They talked to us about the roles at the abbey road studios in production and how attending the abbey road institute can lead to employment at the abbey road studios.
Overall, I believe that attending the Stemettes and abbey road event provided me with confidence, future employability and improved networking 

The Harrison gig

3rd Feb

At the Harrison, I put on a 20 minute set pop performance of the flugelhorn. The theme of my performance was a pop theme therefore I had songs from Michael Jackson and Bruno Mars to cover. I gained influence to do these covers from other trumpeters and flugelhornists who have posted their covers online. 
This performance has benefited me in terms of my versatility as a flugelhornist as I am to be a genre-fluid musician. 
Preparing for this performance, researching in depth about the pop genre and how I should play according to the song has developed my understanding of the genre. 
Prior to the performance, having to bring the equipment I needed for my set, organising backing tracks with the producers and gave me further insight of how professional freelance musicians put on their own gigs. 

Jack Wilshire was the employer at this event 
Date

Talks and events

The royal festival Hall competition

Attending a brass band, we were placed into a competition which took place at the royal festival hall where we performed repertoire which we had been working on. 

In this competition, there were other schools taking place and we put together a list of songs which we performed as a brass arrangement. The band consisted of the trumpet,s tuba, trombones and cornets. This was an experience of playing in a full brass band which  I haven't been part of for some time.

Performing as an orchestra for a play 

During my secondary school years, I was required to join an orchestra for the production of a play called 'Oliver'. 
During this, I was required to attend regular rehearsals(weekly) up into the date of the play.
This gave me the experience in playing for another show and being part of a band as the only trumpeter. 


Comments